Covid-19 Prevention Donation
Indonesia is one of the countries in the world that is still struggling in handling the Covid-19 virus pandemic where its influence and spread is very fast, widespread, and dangerous. Until now, recorded until May 10, 2020, there were 14,023 positive cases of Covid-19 in Indonesia. Of course, Indonesia is not the only country that is struggling, as evidenced by 212 countries that have reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) the impact of the spread of Covid-19, which has been exposed (data as of May 11, 2020, Worldometers.info) totalling 4,181,307 people, recovered 1,493,534 people, and died 283,878 people.
With the rapid spread and great impact on various sectors, the urgency of handling this pandemic is very high. Specifically for Indonesia, steps taken include:
- Urge citizens to stay at home to reduce contact with others,
- Require its citizens to reduce activities that involve large numbers of people,
- Then if you leave the house if you have a need, you have to wear a mask, gloves, and when you return home you have to wash your hands with soap and water,
- Always distance from others if outside the home. All equipment relating to risk reduction from Covid-19 is called Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia and WHO are permitted to use must meet the health standards of the wearer.
As a form of solidarity and handling the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic virus, Yayasan Rumah Energi (Rumah Energi) has provided assistance to partners, beneficiaries, and the communities surrounding our offices in five provinces, namely Central Java, DIY Yogyakarta, East Java, West Nusa Tenggara, and South Sulawesi. Target beneficiaries, namely:
- Staff from the Rumah Energy Foundation (YRE)
- YRE partners namely CPO (Handyman & Supervisor)
- Biogas users at the BIRU Program target locations
- Stakeholders who partner with YRESocial / Health Offices / Institutions that do not yet have limited PPE facilities.
The assistance provided by Rumah Energi is in the form of personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning equipment:
- Hand sanitizer: 48 bottles
- Fabric masks: 645 sheets
- Gloves: 75 pairs
- Hand washing soap: 100 bottles
For the South Sulawesi region, Rumah Energi through partners in three districts, namely Bulukumba, Pinrang, and Wajo, has empowered the local community in making masks. Especially involving local tailors by using cloth whose thickness can prevent transmission of the virus. At least 2 male and 5 female tailors were involved in making the mask. Rumah Energi hopes that with this assistance it can contribute to the prevention and treatment of Covid-19 in Indonesia.